Water fountain or water bowl? This is quite a debate, and no matter how much fun it is to watch our pets drink from the water fountain, at some point, we need to introduce them to the idea of drinking from a water bowl, as it is not always possible to get a water fountain at the disposal of your pet. Also, water fountains are slightly more expensive and difficult to maintain for cleaning and hygiene.
A water bowl can also work as a feeder for your doggo, enabling you to maintain limited products for your pets. However, it is advisable to maintain two separate bowls for water and food for your convenience.
Our Top Recommendation for Water Bowls for Dog Crates!
This anti-spill, highly durable water and feeder bowl is a smart choice if you want a product that lasts you long and is sturdy. It is ideal for traveling as well.
*We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.
It is all about personal preferences, but if you prefer water bowls and are looking forward to buying one for your dog and finding it difficult to choose, we have got you covered. We have introduced the ten best water bowls ideal for dog crates and can be purchased online without any hassle.
10 Best Water Bowls for Dogs
Of many options at the customers’ disposal, we have brought you the list of ten best water bowls that were found to be of good quality in our research. These are judged based on their build, materials, and design efficiency.
In addition, the user’s experiences have been given a lot of importance in judging the utility of these products. All these products are made with high-quality materials and are designed to best suit the comfort levels of your doggo.
|LumoLeaf Dog Water Bowl||• Comfortable to Use|
• For Home & Travel Use
• Easy to Clean
|Amazon Basics Stainless Steel Pet Dog Water And Food Bowl||• No-tip design|
• Rust resistant
• Perfect for dry kibble
|Bonza Large Collapsible Dog Bowl||• Portable Water Bowl for Dog|
• Foldable Doggy Bowl
• Dishwasher and Food Safe
|Lixit Quick Lock Removable Dog Kennel Bowls||• Thoughtful Design|
• Fits Most Cages
• Easy To Use
|MidWest Homes for Pets Snap’y Fit Stainless Steel Food Bowl||• Easy clean pet bowl|
• Great for dogs
• Medium breed dog bowl
|Order more Crate Dog Bowl||• Easy to Clean|
• 2 in 1 Bowl
• Crate Bowl
|Pet Dog Stainless Steel Coop Cups with Clamp Holder||• Easy Clean|
• Longtime Use
|Petmate No Spill Bowl||• For traveling|
• Easy to clean
|Petworld Paragon Detachable 2in1 Dog Crate Water Bowl||• Easy Installation|
• Solid and Durable
• Crate pet Bowl
|MidWest Homes for Pets Snap’y Fit Food Bowl||• Great for dogs|
• Easy clean pet bowl
• Small breed dog bowl
1. LumoLeaf Dog Water Bowl
Do you find messy floors every time your dog or other pets drink water? Well, no more of that mess as LumoLeaf has come up with the perfect solution to this problem. This water bowl slows down your pet’s drinking speed to ensure that the dogs don’t have wet mouths. So now you will not have to clean them up at all times.
LumoLeaf is dedicated to customer satisfaction, and if you find any issue with the product, feel free to contact them, and they will address your grievances.
- These water bowls have floating disks and anti-slip bases, preventing water from overflowing and splashing.
- The product can be easily dismantled. You can just take out the floating disk and rinse it at your convenience or even clean it in a dishwasher.
- The water bowl has been designed keeping in mind the daily requirements of dog parents, and it can be used both for indoor and outdoor purposes.
Pros & Cons of LumoLeaf Dog Water Bowl
- Slow drinking of water assists your pets in avoiding gulping or vomiting.
- Since it ensures that your pets can’t just gulp water, in the process, it keeps the water safe from dirt, or pet hair, thus ensuring that your pet remains healthy.
- The water bowl has anti-base slips which disable your pets from pushing it around the house.
- It is easy to use. Once your pet’s tongue touches the disk, water will start gushing out of it.
- Some customers have complained that the design is not sleek enough and that the water bowl makes a lot of noise.
- It is not spillproof as the company claims it to be.
User Review: Many users have found that the dog bowl has been a perfect product, which they have been able to use both within their homes and outside it. They have even carried it in cars, and it has worked well, but some of the users have commented on the sound, poor design, and poor quality.
Bottom Line: Overall, it is a nice water bowl and works efficiently. It is easy to clean and can keep both your floor and your dog’s mouth clean. Besides, it ensures safe and hygienic drinking water for your dog and ensures that your pet remains hydrated and healthy.
2. Amazon Basics Stainless Steel Pet Dog Water And Food Bowl
This is an efficient yet simple steel bowl that serves food and water to your dogs or other pets that you may have. Amazon has come up with a simple and effective package for you. One of them can be used to serve food, while you can keep clean and fresh drinking water in the other one, which will keep your pets well-hydrated.
- The quantity of these food bowls is substantial. Each can hold up to 38 ounces, so you can keep both dry and wet pet foods, their favorite snacks or treats, and water.
- These bowls are made of steel and are rust-free, which adds to the life of the products.
- The bowls have a rubber base, which protects the floors and ensures that the bowls don’t slide away while your pets are eating or drinking from them.
Pros & Cons of Amazon Basics Stainless Steel Pet Dog Water And Food Bowl
- The bowls do not hold odors, ensuring that you won’t need to clean them often.
- Steel offers a healthy alternative to plastic and does not adversely affect our environment.
- The bowls can be easily cleaned. The design is simple, and you can put them in a dishwasher.
- Some customers have observed that the bowls are not rust-free as the company claims them to be.
- The bowls are not big enough to serve big dog breeds. They are more useful if you have a small or medium-sized dog.
User Review: While many users have reported that both of these bowls are sturdy and have served their purposes, many have complained that the bowls are not rust-free. So, it may posit some threats to your dog’s life. Besides, the bowls are not big enough to cater to the needs of large breeds of dogs.
Bottom Line: Overall, these bowls are nice products at competitive prices. There are two bowls, and you can use them for any pet you may have. These bowls are low maintenance and easy to clean. You can use it to put food and water in each of them. Besides, the bowls are strong and durable and won’t skid off while your pets are using them.
3. Bonza Large Collapsible Dog Bowl
If you are fond of trekking, hiking or solo traveling and wish to take your pet dog along. You would not want to miss out on this. This bowl is not only essential for your dog but is also collapsible, which will ensure you save ample space while traveling with your pet.
The company claims to use good quality materials for this product, and all of its products have one year warranty. You can always register your concern with them if you are dissatisfied with these products.
- Available in large size, which holds 33 ounces, and extra-large size, which can hold up to 50 ounces. So, according to the breed and size of your dog, you can choose the one you need.
- The bowl is foldable and tear-resistant. The bowls can be taken in two sizes and can serve dogs of all sizes.
- This dog bowl includes an additional water bottle holder and an aluminum clip to clip onto any leash, backpack, or tote bag.
Pros & Cons of Bonza Large Collapsible Dog Bowl
- It is made of silicone and is quite sturdy. These bowls have a plastic rim attached to them and ensure that the food or the water does not spill when your pets use them.
- It can be flattened down, which saves a lot of space, and if you are a traveler, it is going to be of great use to you.
- The food-grade silicone that is used in the bowls has no harmful phthalates, and these bowls are easy to clean.
- The top ring, which is made of plastic, has separated from the main silicone bowl at times.
- Some users have questioned the quality of materials used in the bowl as after washing the bowl, the rings have detached from the main bowl.
User Review: While most of the users found the results with this product quite satisfactory, along with the bowl’s quality and use, some other users have commented on the poor quality material used in the bowl. One of them has even claimed that the bowl is not even leakproof.
Bottom Line: Bonza’s collapsible dog bowl is one of the best products available in the market at an affordable rate. It has made trekking and hiking easy for pet owners who can’t afford to carry large bowls as they tend to take up more space.
4. Lixit Quick Lock Removable Dog Kennel Bowls
If want a bowl that can be easily fitted into your dog kennel, Lixit has the perfect solution. Their quick-lock bowl has a unique feature whereby it can be attached to any vertical or horizontal bar. This ensures that your pet cannot push and displace the bowl from its original position while eating or drinking.
- The bowl has a wide mouth and a narrow base, which helps reduce spillage. The brackets rotate and lock accordingly, thus securing the mounting.
- The material that is used in the bowl is high-quality polystyrene, which makes the bowl durable and adds to the life of the product.
- This bowl is attachable and can be easily attached to the cages, ensuring that it stays in one position only.
Pros & Cons of Lixit Quick Lock Removable Dog Kennel Bowls
- Cleaning the bowl is easy. You have to twist off the bowl from the cage and sanitize it the way you like.
- There are lots of sizes available, and depending on the size of your dog, you can choose the one that you feel will meet the demands of your dog.
- It is being reported that the materials used in the bowl are inferior, and the bowl is not at all robust.
- The screw attaches to a weak plate, and thus, the hinge used to attach the bowl is also weak.
User Review: Most users are satisfied with the overall design and adjustability of the bowl. However, some users have expressed their disappointment with the bowl and claimed that the bowl is made up of inferior materials, which has affected its sturdiness of the same.
Bottom Line: Overall, this bowl seems to be a nice product and comes in many sizes. The attachable feature makes it unique and allows you to fit the bowl according to the size of the kennel and the size of your dog. The bowl works fine with most of them and is attached. It doesn’t skid off.
5. MidWest Homes for Pets Snap’y Fit Stainless Steel Food Bowl
If you own a dog that is a messy eater and scatters food and water all around, thus dirtying your floor, you may be in dire need of this bowl. It can be used to give both food and water to your dog or any other pet that you may have.
- The bowl fits well in all-metal dog cages and ensures that your pet cannot move the bowl.
- The bowl locks in one place, but this has to be wire mesh. Once locked, it ensures that water and dog food do not spill onto the living area.
- These are available in various sizes, and you can choose the one you think will best fit your dog.
Pros & Cons of MidWest Homes for Pets Snap’y Fit Stainless Steel Food Bowl
- Everything including the hardware required to set up the bowl, is included in the package, and you would require no extra tools to assemble the same.
- The bowl has a no-tip bracketed design, making the cleaning process much easier.
- Although the bowl is sturdy, it is difficult to remove and refill.
- It has also been reported that it is difficult to fit the bowl with the metal cage.
User Review: Based on the user’s experience, it can be said that the bowl has been able to perform perfectly in most cases. It is a hard and sturdy bowl and can be used to give food and water to pets.
Still, a few of the users have also lamented the poor quality of the material and the associated difficulties in attaching and detaching the bowl from the metal cage.
Bottom Line: Overall, this bowl is a robust and sturdy one, and it can be used to feed your dog or any other pet. Moreover, since it can be attached to one place, it reduces the chances of spillage. Besides, the bowl can be easily cleaned and is quite affordable.
6. Order more Crate Dog Bowl
If durability is on your list, then you can check out this product. It is a sturdy bowl to give food and water to your pet dog or any other pet animal, Order more has the perfect solution for you. This bowl is primarily stainless steel and can be fixed to one place.
Besides, the company is there to help you install the bowl. If you need their assistance, just drop them an email.
- Available in blue, pink, and green, you can choose the one that suits the interior decor of your place.
- This dog crate bowl with a round bowl design can be used as a cage food bowl or cage water bowl, and attached directly to the cage for easy feeding or drinking water.
- This bowl is made from steel, which is fixed to a plastic bowl. The steel body adds to the durability of the bowl.
Pros & Cons of Order more Crate Dog Bowl
- The inner bowl is made up of stainless steel, which can be easily removed to clean it up and then refill them.
- This round bowl can be used to serve food or water to your dog or any other pet that you have.
- The plastic nut that screws to the outside of the crate is weak in quality and doesn’t fit tightly.
- The screw that helps the bowl tighten is too short, and hence it doesn’t attach perfectly to the cage.
User Review: Most of the users have found that the bowl is sturdy and of good quality. The bowl gets attached to the cage and ensures no spillage. Despite the positive reviews, some users have complained about the poor design and quality of the plastic screw, which is used to tighten the bowl to the cage.
Bottom Line: Overall, Order more has been able to create a perfect bowl for your pet at an affordable price. It is attachable to the cage, and your pet won’t be able to push it while eating or drinking from it. Besides, it is lightweight, easy to fix, and easy to clean as well.
7. Pet Dog Stainless Steel Coop Cups with Clamp Holder
Anyone planning to purchase a dog water bowl that stays for a long time can consider buying this product. This bowl is made from premium quality steel and is highly sturdy. It is easy to clean and maintain and is meant to last longer than the average water bowl. Its material is scratch-free and is safe for your pet. It has a capacity of 12 Ounces.
- This is a safe-to-use product that does not harm your dog as it cannot be scraped off.
- It is available in different sizes based on the requirements of your dog.
- It is sturdy and detachable, making it possible to use even in outdoor settings.
Pros & Cons of Pet Dog Stainless Steel Coop Cups with Clamp Holder
- It is meant for all kinds of pets and is available in different sizes to fit the needs of dogs of any breed and size.
- Designed to ensure no spillage.
- Some customers have observed that this bowl leaves a grey color stain if kept wet on a surface or when wiped with a cloth.
User Review: Most users have been using this product for many years, and this product has been their dog’s favorite. Many people bought two such bowls to keep dog food and water separately is a testimonial of how much they loved this product.
Bottom Line: It is a decent and durable product that can be purchased if you have dogs who are trained to eat and drink from a dedicated bowl. It is a great product if you wish to train your pet in the initial years as they are available in different sizes.
8. Petmate No Spill Bowl
Spillage is one of the major issues dog parents face when feeding their pets. Petmate offers a perfect solution to this problem by introducing this no-spill bowl designed to keep the mess at bay and allow your dog to enjoy their hearty meal without being too conscious.
- This product is made from plastic but is designed to be spill-free.
- It can be easily rinsed off by removing the lid.
- It uses heavy quality plastic at the bottom to avoid any spillage.
Pros & Cons of Petmate No Spill Bowl
- It has a stylish and unique style that makes it look presentable.
- It is sturdy, so it can be easily used for outdoor purposes and is a great option for traveling.
- It is designed to be splash-proof and keeps your floor mess-free.
- If the floater, which is the USP of this product, breaks, it doesn’t serve any purpose and tends to leak water.
User Review: Many users have been using this product for a few decades now and still have not faced any issues. Instead, they have felt that the customer service provided by the brand has been supportive when it comes to replacements and repairs.
Bottom Line: It is a unique product on its own. A lot of thought has gone into its making. They have taken care of the little details while designing this product. It has many utility features that make it to our list. One of these features is – it is designed in such a way that one can easily pick it up from the floor.
9. Petworld Paragon Detachable 2in1 Dog Crate Water Bowl
This powder blue, square-shaped water bowl is the most Instagram-able product on the list. It is suitable for all kinds of pets and allows them to comfortably drink water without the fear of spillage. This is a detachable 2 in 1 bowl. Stainless steel makes it a non-toxic, anti-rust, and long-lasting product.
- It features a cross-lock design that can be fixed to the dog cage for an easy feeding experience.
- It enables the steel bowl to be removed for washing purposes, and once fixed it stays intact and does not spill easily.
- It saves up a lot of space and is highly efficient.
Pros & Cons of Petworld Paragon Detachable 2in1 Dog Crate Water Bowl
- It is easy to clean and remove.
- It uses two bowls made with eco-friendly thickened plastic, increasing the product’s lifespan.
- It is a great product for small to medium-sized pets.
- Some users have an issue with the quality of plastic used in this product and the plastic knobs and screws that were not found to be sturdy enough.
User Review: Most users like to use two such products to keep their pet’s water and food contents separately. They found this product to be extremely useful during the dog training period.
Bottom Line: Making its way to our list, this product is ideal for pets who are restricted to cages and like to spend most of their time in one dedicated space. However, anyone looking for a simple and efficient product can look at it.
10. MidWest Homes for Pets Snap’y Fit Food Bowl
Yet another unique addition to the list is this patented designed food bowl that is meant to stay in its place, safe and secure. This product allows your dog the required stability when eating from it. It does not hold any bad odor or germs and keeps your dog free from infection or gut trouble. You can easily maintain the hygiene level of this product by keeping it clean and dry.
- Its unique design uses a rust-resistant, e-coated bracket that holds the bowl in its right place.
- It is available in four sizes to ensure that any dog can comfortably use it.
- It ensures elevated drinking or eating as the design of this product allows one to be fixed at a height and get attached to the cage for convenience.
Pros & Cons of MidWest Homes for Pets Snap’y Fit Food Bowl
- It is made from stainless steel and is durable.
- One can easily use and remove this product to ensure its hygiene.
- It is designed to make the eating and drinking experience easy and comfortable for pets.
- Users do not recommend using this product as a water bowl because that would require several refillings. They feel that it is not easy to frequently remove and reattach this product as it also entails a lot of spillages.
User Review: Users found this product to be convenient for the cage but apart from that feature, it is found to be more or less an average product that can be used by dog parents who do not like too much maintenance.
Bottom Line: This is a genuine quality product that serves its purpose and is ideal for indoors. It is available in many sizes and suits most people’s requirements.
Also Read: 12 Ways to Keep Your Dog Healthy and Happy
Important Factors to Consider When Buying Dog Crate Water Bowl
Buying a dog crate water bowl is not an easy task at all. All dogs are unique in their own ways, and their requirements also vary significantly. Hence, as a concerned dog parent, you need to choose the best solution for your dog. Let’s have a look at the factors that you ought to consider before buying a dog crate water bowl.
The size of the water bowl should be among your top priority. If you have a large breed of dog like a Great Dane, you would require a large water bowl. On the other hand, if you have a small dog breed, like a pug, a small one would do as the quantity of water required by both these dogs greatly vary.
While buying a water bowl for your dog, please ensure that the material that has been used in the bowl is of good quality and environment-friendly, and ultimately, the material should not compromise the health of your dog.
Always look out for materials that add to the durability of the dog crate water bowl. You do not want the water bowl to crack or break soon, which will force you to buy and replace water bowls quite frequently.
The design of your dog’s water bowl should be such that it fits easily in the crate. Besides, it should be stylish and should complement the overall aesthetics of your interior.
5. Dishwasher safe
If you own a dog crate water bowl that is dishwasher safe, you are saved from the pain of washing and rinsing the water bowl manually, which is complex and more time-consuming.
So, it is always recommended to get a dishwasher-safe water bowl for your dog, which will make the cleaning process much easier for you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
No, as long as your dog has enough supply of fresh drinking water, it won’t require any water bowl in its crate. Besides, it is always better to keep the water bowl with the food bowl. This ensures that your dog knows where to find water, and even if it spills water, it won’t be near the crate, and you won’t have to clean the whole crate.
To begin with: it is not recommended to keep a bowl inside the crate, but still, if you are concerned about the water requirement of your dog, you can always hang a small bowl a little up from the bottom of the crate.
You can pin or use a rope to hang the bowl by the side of the crate. Besides, these days there are ample no-spill bowls available that you can use inside the crate, or you can even use ice cubes instead of regular water. As the ice melts gradually, your dog can drink the water and hydrate itself.
As a matter of fact, no. Healthy and adult dogs do not require to drink water throughout the night. As long as they have plenty of clean and fresh drinking water throughout the day, they won’t require any additional water at night. Moreover, your dog should be habituated to sleeping during the night without drinking water at night.
It is a simple rule that your dog or puppy should not have any fluid two to three hours before their bedtime. So, if you and your furry friend are off to bed at 10 P.M., try to avoid giving them any water to drink after 7:30 or 8 at night. This will ensure that they can go to pee well before sleeping, and they can sleep peacefully during the night.
In general, your dog should always have a bowl full of clean and fresh drinking water, which will ensure that it won’t become dehydrated. Please ensure that you change the water at least two times a day.
In an ideal situation, you should give your dog water our times a day, which includes, breakfast, lunch, evening, and dinner. Please remember that after a walk or exercise, or if your dog is pregnant, it may require more water than usual.
Water bowls for dogs also act as a feeder, so when making the purchase, keep it in mind to get a product that is highly durable and is made from a quality product. Such products can be used in multiple ways to serve your pets. Customers can choose the product that suits their pets’ requirements based on the utility.
Forrest is a lover of dogs, the wild outdoors, deep mysterious conversations… and coffee. He is the owner of several websites, including Canine Weekly. He resides in Austin, Texas.