Is there anything more heart-wrenching than looking at those sad round eyes of your pup while you walk out of the door, leaving them in the home? I bet not!
The situation gets more heartbreaking when crying and howling accompany your walk to the car. Isn’t it?
This is known as separation anxiety. And this is a common issue for many pups and their parents.
Although your doggo can’t have a relaxing sleep while you are away, your top priority becomes keeping them as well as your home safe. If your pup becomes anxious, they can, on some occasions, do damage to your home, which they otherwise would not.
That’s exactly where high anxiety dog crates come into the picture!
Best Dog Crates to Ease Anxiety
If you search for it, you will find several options to choose from. So, to make the search easy for you, I have come up with the best dog crates to ease the anxiety. Keep reading!
|MidWest Homes for Dogs Crate||• comfortable den-like space|
• slide-bolt latches
• door options
|EliteField 3-Door Folding Soft Dog Crate||• made of 600D and hex mesh fabric|
• three mesh doors
• two accessory pockets
|Noz2Noz Soft-Krater Crate for Pets||• four size options|
• for indoor and outdoor use
• easy setup
|Aspen Pet Porter Heavy-Duty Pet Carrier||• heavy construction|
• eight color options
• nine size options
|Unipaws Furniture Style Dog Crate||• metal-enclosed bars|
• made with pressed wood
#1. MidWest Homes for Dogs Crate
Has it ever happened to you that you chose a crate for your four-legged buddy only to find out that they don’t have the right size available for your doggo?
Well, that is not going to happen with this MidWest Homes for Dogs Crate!
This dog crate comes with various size options to choose from. All you need is to measure the size of your pup and then select the one crate that matches your dog’s measurement and place your order.
Did I tell you that you get multiple color options too?
That is not it. You can choose between a single door and a double door crate.
Isn’t that awesome?
I like the fact that the manufacturers have paid a lot of attention to the requirements of all kinds of dog parents.
It’s an all-inclusive dog crate. Means you get a durable dog tray, divider panel, four roller feet, and a carrying handle with it.
Does your pup weigh between 41 and 70 pounds?
Then the large or medium double door folding crate will be perfect for your doggo. What I like the most about this dog crate, it expands as your dog grows – thanks to the divider panel!
And to make your pup’s stay safe and secure while you are away, there are two heavy-duty slide-bolt latches. They keep the door of the dog crate in place.
It’s pretty easy to assemble. You don’t need any extra tools to set it up, and the process takes just a few seconds. Also, it’s fantastic if you want to carry the dog crate while traveling. All you can do is fold it flat and store it in your car conveniently. And there are roller feet to protect your hardwood that helps to reposition easily.
Before using this dog crate, I recommend supervising your doggo, especially if you are using it for the first time. Also, make sure to remove your pup’s harness, collar, muzzle, apparel, and leash before putting them into it. It will make your favorite pal feel safe.
the manufacturers have paid a lot of attention to the needs of all kinds of dog parents, as you get to have it in multiple size options, color options, and even door options
- It is made of metal, which means it is durable.
- You can set it up with ease; it takes just a few seconds to get it done.
- It is easy to clean; all you need is to slide the tray out, clean it, and then slide it back in.
- It looks appealing – much more than a basic wire cage.
- It is pocket-friendly.
- You get to expand it as your pup grows – so no more size issues.
- It is portable, so you get to carry it in your car when you travel.
- It comes with a warranty of one year.
- I’m not sure about the quality of the latches; when I used it, they gave me a hard time locking it into place; if your pup is an expert in escaping, they might be able to open the lock when you are not at home.
- The wire is pretty flimsy; it is fine if you have a small breed dog, but with large and stronger dogs, the wire might bend.
#2. EliteField 3-Door Folding Soft Dog Crate
Are you looking for a cloth crate for your canine buddy?
Have a look at the EliteField 3-Door Folding Soft Dog Crate.
This dog crate from the house of EliteField comes with large windows and big storage pouches. Also, it has a roof window that I like.
Did I tell you that you can get the EliteField 3-Door Folding Soft Dog Crate in not one, not two but fourteen color options?
And you get to choose between multiple size options. I like that the manufacturers have given multiple options to the buyers, which is undoubtedly great.
As this crate is made of cloth, it has zippers as locks. They don’t let your doggo weasel their way out when you are not home. It’s another advantage I like about this dog crate. You can clean the dog crate with ease. Just slide out the floor mat when you need to clean it.
Do you travel a lot? Or, what if you don’t need to use the dog crate for quite some time?
In both these cases, you can choose to store it by folding it up into a carry case with shoulder straps. The frame of this dog crate is made with sturdy and durable steel tubing, and the fabric cover is made of Hex mesh and 600D fabric. As a result, it is not only lightweight but also well-ventilated.
Did you know that you can remove and wash the cover too?
There are three mesh doors to provide your doggo with the right amount of ventilation and viewpoint. Thus, allowing them to see where other people in your home are when they are inside the crate.
The makers of the EliteField 3-Door Folding Soft Dog Crate are pretty confident about their product, and so, the product comes with a warranty of two years. So you get a guarantee for customer satisfaction and product quality. And there is a 100% money-back guarantee too.
Isn’t that amazing?
- At the bottom of the dog crate, there is a waterproof plush mat; this is great for pups that drool a lot; also, it is perfect for minor spilling accidents; the fabric floor and walls are not entirely waterproof; however, they ward off moisture soaking in; I like it
- If you travel a lot and take your pup along with you, then this dog crate can come in handy; you can put your pup inside the crate and carry it in your car; and once you reach your hotel, you can fold it up and then set it up in your hotel room again
- It comes with large windows and doors; it can be great for dogs with separation anxiety, as they can see you from inside the crate
- I like the quality of the material a lot; the heavy-duty fabric is used, and the seams have been sewn twice; the zippers are of good quality too
- It comes with a warranty of two years
- You get a 100% money-back guarantee along with a guarantee for customer satisfaction and product quality; this is enough to gain your trust, isn’t it
- You can clean it easily
- You can choose between fourteen colors of the dog crate
- There are multiple size options to fit your needs
- This is not good for pups who are heavy chewers, as they can chew the fabric; in that case, you can look for dog crates that are made of solid materials
Also Read:-5 Best Crates for Large Dogs in 2022
#3. Noz2Noz Soft-Krater Crate for Pets
This is another fabric dog crate on my high anxiety dog crates list.
Did you know that the Noz2Noz Soft-Krater Crate for Pets comes in four different sizes? And you can use it both outdoors and indoors.
This dog crate from the house of Noz2Noz has mesh doors and windows – all of which are well-ventilated. So when you use it indoors, your doggo can have a clear view of everything around them and be less anxious. And when you use it outdoors, your furry buddy can sniff the breeze and have fun.
If your dog weighs less than 15 pounds, go for the crate of 21″. The 30″ crate option is perfect for dogs that weigh up to 40 pounds. For dogs of less than 70 pounds, the 36″ dog crate is ideal. If you have a large dog that weighs about 100 pounds, you can get the 41″ one.
You don’t need to be an expert to set the dog crate up. It is easy, and it takes just a few seconds. You get to carry it wherever you want, as it is portable and easy to carry around.
This dog crate is a great option for dogs that have separation anxiety issues. Of course, they should be well-behaved and don’t chew whatever comes their way. Teach your furry pal to chew only on their toys and not the fabric crate. No fabric can survive a determined and bored dog
- It is easy to carry – from your home to your car and then back to your home.
- The setup is easy and takes just a few minutes; this makes it compatible with your busy lifestyle.
- It is incredibly comfortable, so your pup will love to stay in the crate.
- It is long-lasting and stays the same for years.
- I called customer service while testing this dog crate; I love how cooperative they were.
- It is great for small as well as large breed dogs, as you get to choose the size of this dog crate.
- I love the fact that you get to use it both indoors and outdoors; so you don’t need to buy a different crate for outdoor use; this saves you money.
- It has mesh doors and windows – all of which are well-ventilated.
- It doesn’t come with flaps over the windows to provide your pup with privacy.
- There is no mat in the crate, while most other brands that offer fabric dog crates come with one.
- It is not that user-friendly, especially if you have a sick dog; if they excrete or vomit, the chances are that it will get on the fabric; it doesn’t matter which end you take it out from; it is not easy to take it out and clean it; this can make the bad smell linger.
#4. Aspen Pet Porter Heavy-Duty Pet Carrier
Are you on a budget and looking for a dog crate that is easy on the pockets?
Then the Aspen Pet Porter Heavy-Duty Pet Carrier can be the right high anxiety dog crate for you!
Did I tell you that you can get it in multiple size options?
It has heavy-duty construction and is perfect for pups that have separation anxiety. It’s made with a plastic material, suitable for carrying in the airlines if you plan to travel with your furry buddy. I like how easy it is to clean if your doggo tracks dirt into the crate or spills something in it.
The assembly is quite simple. You just need to set the top over the bottom, keeping the door in between. And then tighten the wingnuts and metal screws. And you are done.
The giant-sized crate you can get from this brand can hold pups that weigh between 90 and 125 pounds. This means this crate can be home to even the largest of the doggos.
- You can get it in a wide range of sizes, which means it will fit pups of all sizes
- It is made of heavy-duty plastic material; this is great for dogs with separation anxiety trying to scratch at the sides
- It is easy to clean –after all, it is made of plastic; I tried spray cleaning, garden hose, and soap; and all these did the job of cleaning the dog crate really well
- Setting it up is quite easy; there are just three pieces; all you need is to screw them together
- It is easy to carry
- Some of you may find it expensive, especially if you choose the largest size crate; however, if you are okay with the price, then let me tell you, it is a pretty good investment
#5. Unipaws Furniture Style Dog Crate
Are you looking for an elegant-looking and premium crate for your doggo who has separation anxiety?
Then the Unipaws Furniture Style Dog Crate can be the one! This high anxiety dog crate from the house of Unipaws is made with durable pressed wood. In addition, it has metal enclosure bars to provide the dog crate with the right amount of class and elegance.
It is a great choice for small breed dogs that weigh up to 40lbs. There is ample space in it so that your favorite four-legged buddy can roam around in it freely.
Did I tell you that it is a dual-purpose dog crate?
So, when you are not using it for your pup, you can use it as a beautiful piece of furniture. It will look great as a nightstand, end table, and a side table. Use it as a decorative item to make your home stand out!
The top of this dog crate is wide, making it perfect for putting small plants, night lamps, magazines, or picture frames. It has two doors which makes it easy for your furry buddy to go in and come out easily.
Did you know that it comes with a soft cushion too?
It provides a soft seat for your doggo to rest and have a great nap time. In addition, you can clean the cushion with ease. The ventilation that this dog crate offers is awesome. Your canine companion can have a full view of you from inside while you get to see it rest in style.
- It is durable, as it made of pressed wood
- If you are concerned about the looks of your dog’s crate, then this crate will do justice to it; it is elegant and classy
- It is great for small breed dogs
- It is spacious, allowing your dog to move around with ease
- It serves multi-purposes; when your pup is not using it, you can use it for your home decoration; the classy look of this dog crate will add elegance to your entire setup; you can use it as a side table, book stand, and even a plant stand – the choice is yours
- You get a cushion with it, which makes it comfortable for your dog to rest on it
- It offers full ventilation and a complete view of all sides
- It is not chew-proof; this means it is not for dogs that are heavy chewers
So, which of these high anxiety dog crates is your favorite?
Let me know in the comments!