You are probably aware of their dense fur problems if you own a Husky. God-willed, they have a thick coat of fur to protect them from cold weather but, jeez, come the spring, they tend to shed a lot. Their dense fur going till the end of their thick tail that is curled over their back is quite a sight for the onlookers. It gives these friendly dogs an identity of their own. They can be very easily distinguished by the people based on their outer coats.
We know Huskies can be a bit stubborn but do you know their fur can be stubborn-er! Today we are going to look at the ways of maintaining your Husky’s fur and the most important component you are going to need for the process – a decent brush. We have our top 7 recommendations for you to explore before getting a new brush for your Husky.
Our Top Recommendation for Brushes for a Husky!
DakPets is a globally recognized brand, and this product has been specially designed to ensure your dog’s comfort. It does not damage the quality of fur of your dog and improves their skin by leaving it healthier.
*We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.
The most basic step involves at least bruising the fur when it is still wet after showering. Depending upon the softness of the coat, you can decide on the fur. Their fur needs to be brushed at least once a week. Of course, you can brush off their fur each time on days when they get into the water.
Best Brushes for a Husky
Before getting onto the list of our top 7 recommendations on brushes for a Husky, here are the two things that you need to focus on – the brush and the bristles.
Before selecting the brush, ensure that it is the right size for your dog’s coat. Small size dogs do not require a big-sized brush. However, some big size dogs can still use a small size brush. It may help you reach the corners of your dog’s fur that remain unreachable by a big brush. The brush should have a comfortable grip with a long enough handle. The quality of the brush matters as well; it should be durable and easy to clean.
The next thing you need to keep in mind that is directly going to affect your Husky’s coat is the brush’s bristles. People often think that it’s better to get a brush with soft bristles in order to avoid hurting your dog, but the bristles should be hard enough to reach all the knots or the tangles. Otherwise, it won’t be effective in loosening the tangles.
|DakPets Pet Grooming Brush||• Strong-stem handle|
• High in quality
• 100% risk-free, and safe for your pet
|The Pet Portal Self Cleaning Dog Brush||• Self-cleansing|
• Gentle on your dog’s skin
|Pat Your Pet Deshedding Brush||• It uses dual-head.|
• Has an easy grip.
• Comes with a “paw tag.”
|Pet Neat Pet Grooming Brush||• Perfect gifting option.|
• Helps maintain a healthy and shiny topcoat.
• Comes with a free e-book with grooming tips.
|Soft Bristle Pet Brush by Hertzko||• Uses gentle plastic bristles with rounded ends.|
• Strong and durable material used.
• 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
|Pet Grooming Glove, DELOMO Gentle Deshedding Brush||• Slip-on grooming gloves|
• Best for bathing your pet
• Gentle on the skin
|Thunderpaws Best Professional De-Shedding Tool and Pet Grooming Brush||• Reduced shedding by up to 90%|
• Non-slip rubber handles
• High-quality product
1. DakPets Pet Grooming Brush
Designed by the grooming experts that have been taking care of animals for a long time, this product claims to reduce shedding by up to 95%. It is meant for dogs and cats and is a cost-effective grooming tool for the quality it offers. In addition, it comes with a 60-day replacement or refund policy. So, now you do not have to worry about your dog’s fur all over their beddings or furniture.
- It is meant for dogs and cats of all sizes.
- Takes only ten minutes for a perfect trimming session.
- Uses a durable rubber handle for a non-slip grip.
- It is made from non-irritation material.
- 100mm-4 inch heavy duty replaceable stainless steel comb.
- It helps maintain the hygiene and gives them a cleaner look.
Pros & Cons of DakPets Pet Grooming Brush
- High-quality, feasible product.
- It prevents damaging the top coat of your pet.
- It is available in varied colors of stainless combs – blue, pink, and yellow.
- It can be cleaned easily.
- Gives a shiny topcoat to your dog.
- No major cons with this product.
User Review: Most buyers found this product impressive in terms of quality and price. Many have been using it for years for all their pets and have not come across any major issues. Users have experienced continuously using this brush for their pets, leaving their coats softer and shinier. It works well for other breeds of dogs with a coarser fur coat.
Bottom Line: This is a decent product if your house is clumped with your dog’s fur all the time. Some dogs tend to shed because of varying factors like weather conditions, health issues, or simply because it is natural. These brushes help you get rid of the loose fur on their body and give them a cleaner appearance.
2. The Pet Portal Self Cleaning Dog Brush
This no-fuss product ensures your dog’s grooming within a few minutes. It helps you get rid of your dog’s dirt, tangles, and loose fur. This is convenient to use, a self-cleaning hairbrush that doesn’t require extra care. It can be used for dogs and cats with short and soft fur.
- It uses a 5” wide brush and a 33/4 inches brush for your convenience.
- It caters to the long and short hair of your pet.
- Time-saving and efficient product.
- You can easily use this product for your pet of any size.
- Uses angled brush for easy and painless de-shedding.
Pros & Cons of The Pet Portal Self Cleaning Dog Brush
- Durable product.
- Soft and gentle on your pet.
- Uses two brushes.
- Uses stainless steel bristles.
- Comes with retractable bristles.
- It can be easily cleaned by a simple press.
- Some felt that the bristles were too sharp for their pet. So, if your dog is a bit fuzzy about getting brushed, you might want to explore other options as it can make them more uncomfortable and irritated.
User Review: It is mostly the quality and the pricing of the product that the users love. Apart from this, some users noted that it was easy to use as the hair from it could be easily removed and cleaned. Everything from the design to the utility of this product is up to the mark, and the majority of user experience has been positive except for a few who complained about the sharpness of the bristles.
Bottom Line: This low-maintenance, feasible product is ideal if you are looking for something that is within budget and can be easily used for many years. It is a durable product that can survive rough and tough usage. Be it outdoors or indoors; you can now enjoy the de-shedding session with your dog wherever they find it comfortable.
3. Pat Your Pet Deshedding Brush
Looking for something different or experimental for your family of dogs? Yes, dealing with multiple pets can be taxing, and having a tonne of accessories for them can be highly inconvenient. This innovative product introduces you to a dual-head design that is endowed with two sides for two coats.
- Pet Your Pet is a thoughtful dog accessory brand loved by dog parents.
- Their tools are designed to provide comfortable services.
- It uses dual-head and is ideal for multiple dogs.
- It is a great de-shedding tool for cats and dogs with long and thick fur.
Pros & Cons of Pat Your Pet Deshedding Brush
- Use 17-teeth side for coat thinning and de-shedding.
- It is a long-lasting and durable product.
- It ensures safety for your pet and is a painless way of de-shedding.
- It uses rounded teeth to protect your pet’s skin.
- It features a non-slip handle for a firm and comfortable grip.
- Come with a tag where you can easily put your keychain or their collar.
- Can use a 9-teeth side for a smooth dematting of your pet.
- Some users noted that it clears a lot of fur in one go, so it is best to go easy with this product, especially when dealing with a small dog.
User Review: This product has the most loyal customer fanbase. Perhaps, it is because of the brand and the quality and design it has to offer to the dog parents. Users found it easy to deal with the nastiest knots with the help of this product. It is a perfect solution if you wish to spend some quality time with your furry friend and pamper them.
Bottom Line: This is a genuine product to watch out for if you have many pets at home. It eases the process and is completely hassle-free. It can be used in many ways and is also very cost-effective. You can easily save a lot of your time and money by avoiding visits to your dog’s vet and spa.
4. Pet Neat Pet Grooming Brush
Pet Neat Pet Grooming Brush is your best dog grooming solution that claims to remove up to 95% dead hair within 10 minutes or less now comes with a free e-book that gives valuable tips on dog care and grooming.
- Save you a lot of money.
- Comfortable and easy to use at home.
- It is protected by a cover for their safety purposes.
- It uses 100 mm stainless steel blades that are long-lasting and sturdy.
- Best for healthy and shiny fur.
- It uses an easy grip and a comfortable handle.
Pros & Cons of Pet Neat Pet Grooming Brush
- It can be used as a gifting option.
- They are designed to give the utmost comfort to your pet.
- It can be used frequently and help keep allergies at bay.
- It uses a detachable head design for your convenience.
- It uses a 4” stainless steel comb, which is rust-resistant.
- Features highly sustainable ergonomic handles.
- Some people found it on the costlier side. You may look at the more feasible options if you are on a budget.
User Review: The users found this product useful and mentioned how their pets love to e pampered by it. There is no alternative to comfort and quality, and this product seems to offer both.
Bottom Line: This product is meant for dogs who tend to shed a lot. It ensures that their fur doesn’t have any loose hair residue that compromises their hygiene and cleanliness.
5. Soft Bristle Pet Brush by Hertzko
Perfect solution for sensitive dogs who cannot take the toughness of the bristles of hard brushes. This soft brush is meant to comfortably remove the loose fur from your dog and detangle their hair with ease.
- It also helps in eliminating trapped dirt and tangles.
- It helps improve the blood flow by increasing blood circulation when massaged properly.
- It uses soft bristles and won’t damage your pet’s skin.
- It can be easily used on their face and paw for your convenience.
Pros & Cons of Soft Bristle Pet Brush by Hertzko
- It is comfortable for your dog.
- It is a light in weight, durable and strong product.
- It is gentle and safe to use.
- Suitable for pets with sensitive skin.
- It can also be used on the face and paws easily.
- Some customers complained about the bristles being fragile and they tend to bend easily when not stored properly. This product demands you to use it with care for the best results.
User Review: Customers had a satisfactory experience with this product and found themselves returning to it repeatedly. In addition, they found the customer service to be helpful and supportive.
Bottom Line: You can definitely give this product a try if you are looking for a brush that doesn’t cause any discomfort to your dog. It is ideal for small dogs who are often petrified by the de-shedding process. It will help ease their fears and let you groom them effortlessly.
6. Pet Grooming Glove, DELOMO Gentle Deshedding Brush
This is an innovative silicone grooming glove for gentle care. It is a pet hair remover brush in the form of hand gloves. Think of it as an exfoliating bath glove. It lets you get rid of your dog’s shed fur by a simple act of patting them slowly. It allows you to reach the short fur easily but is equally effective when dealing with a long fur coat.
- Made of silicone and are suitable for sensitive skin dogs as well.
- Removes fur gently, quickly, and effectively.
- This is an upgraded and enhanced version.
- Works effortlessly on curly and coarse hair.
- Ideal for pets like fogs, cats, and even horses.
- Features a five-finger design for conveniently reaching all the parts of your pet’s body.
- It can easily reach the tail and the face of your pet.
Pros & Cons of Pet Grooming Glove, DELOMO Gentle Deshedding Brush
- It features an adjustable strap for your convenience and comfort.
- Uses an easy glove design.
- It is easy to clean.
- You get two gloves and the left-hand glove is customizable for lefties.
- Can help you give massage to your furry friend by applying the right amount of pressure.
- It helps them relax and enjoy the de-shedding session.
- Tend to go out of stock very soon, so if you are looking forward to buying one, keep a check on its availability status.
User Review: Users find this product feasible and of good quality. Loose hair tends to stick in the glove pretty easily. It is a hassle-free product and is best if used to bathe your pet each day. The material used makes it possible for you to bathe your doggo using this brush.
Bottom Line: One of the best products that can be used in a regular pampering session. You can introduce thor product in their daily routine and keep your pet safe and clean. If you want a hassle-free de-shedding session for your dog, you would like this product.
7. Thunderpaws Best Professional De-Shedding Tool and Pet Grooming Brush
Most vets advise grooming your dogs once in a while, and this is a much-loved product for pets and is meant for all sizes and breeds of dogs. It can be used for grooming other pets as well.
- Built with high-quality four inches stainless steel, thus providing sturdiness.
- It uses a rubber material for a powerful, no-slip grip.
- Designed for cats and dogs alike.
- It comes with a protective cover to protect the comb from damage.
Pros & Cons of Thunderpaws Best Professional De-Shedding Tool and Pet Grooming Brush
- Rubber handles for a comfortable grip, making it easy to operate.
- The comb has a protective cover, which increases the lifespan of the comb.
- No-fuss, easy solution for your pet’s loose hair.
- It uses a high-quality stainless steel comb that is 4” wide.
- Some users complained that the brush was too harsh for their dogs, but they used it less frequently.
User Review: Users seem to be impressed with its quality and services. They found it useful for breeds of dogs other than Huskies as well. This easy-to-use product claims to be efficient for dogs with short hair, but many customers avoid using this product for short hair. However, even the dogs with long hair that hated getting brushed have started to enjoy it, thanks to this product.
Bottom Line: If you are tired of coming across dog or cat hair all over your place, then fret no more. Thunderpaws has come up with the best quality de-shedding tool and pet grooming brush. Even preferred by veterinarians and pet-grooming experts, this product delivers what it is meant to deliver. You can easily comb your pet’s hair, and you shall be amazed to see the amount of fur that it can remove in a jiffy. It can remove your pet’s shedding by up to 95%. In addition, its high-quality steel is gentle on your pet’s skin and shall never give them any skin irritation.
Watch out for a brush that is comfortable for you to use and is equally efficient in giving your furry friend the much-needed escape from the heavy fur. After using a proper brush, you will find your dog to e relatively more active and involved in other activities. It can leave them feeling fresh and energized. You do not have to worry about taking them outside and spending extra money on their grooming anymore. Treat a good hairbrush like an investment. You will not believe how much simple grooming of this sort on a regular basis can boost their quality of lifestyle and hygiene.
Forrest is a lover of dogs, the wild outdoors, deep mysterious conversations… and coffee. He is the owner of several websites, including Canine Weekly. He resides in Austin, Texas.