Are you looking for the perfect bed for your large four-legged buddy?
Then this review of Bully Beds Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed might be of your help!
We’ve tried to be as descriptive as we can so that you can make the right choice for your furball.
This is how it all started.
We have a large Labrador Retriever who chews everything that comes close to his mouth! This is the reason why we had to change his bed almost every month. And not to mention, he has joint issues as well.
A few months back, as we were searching for the right bed for our pup, we came across the brand Bully Beds on social media. We researched well and got to know that the company specializes in making orthopedic beds for large, heavy dogs. It was then that we decided to give it a try.
But is everything that Bully Beds claim about their Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed true? Are their beds the best available option in the market?
Come, let’s find out.
But before we begin, let’s give you a brief about the brand and what they claim.
About Bully Beds
Joe Chanda founded Bully Beds in honor of his pet Bull, a Cane Corso Mastiff of 150 pounds. The dog was suffering from hip discomfort, and Joe couldn’t get a perfect bed for him. Of course, he tried a number of beds. But none of them could provide Bull with the relief or support for his hip issue.
Seeing his pup’s pain, Joe got depressed and founded Bully Beds. Finally, after years of research, Joe succeeded in developing the correct configuration and combination of foam.
And this is how Bully Beds was born!
Bully Beds specializes in orthopedic dog beds for large, heavy dogs. To make the dog beds, they make use of premium and high-quality materials. This is to make sure that the beds can handle the abuse of any dog breed.
Their dog beds are luxurious yet affordable.
AND their beds have a NO FLAT WARRANTY of 20 years!
Now, that’s huge!
Also, the orthopedic beds are waterproof and come with washable covers.
Their mission statement says,” We set out to develop an affordable, high-quality dog bed that provides the comfort and support a big dog requires, enabling both luxurious relaxation and therapeutic relief. The bed had to be waterproof, expertly made, attractive, and long-lasting. In fact, we wanted the bed to last for the dog’s entire life.”
We’ve been using the Bully Beds Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed for the past couple of months. And we think we’re ready to write a review of it.
Pros of Bully Beds Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed
Let’s start with the pros:
- The Bully Beds Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed comes in a large size. So, you don’t have to worry about your canine friend fitting on it. Our boy is a Labrador Retriever. And it fits him really well.
- The bed comes with a bolster pillow on one end. We liked this a lot! Our pup loves to rest his head on it.
- For the mattress, they have used orthopedic memory foam of medical grade. For the bolster, they have used comfort foam. And for the base, they have used support foam. The best part? It is similar to the ones you find in luxurious mattresses. And our furball finds it comfortable!
- The washable microfiber cover is non-toxic and hypoallergenic. Now, did we tell you that it comes with beautiful accent piping? It gives a luxurious feel to it. And we love that!
- The cover comes with a heavy-duty zipper. And did we tell you that it’s chew-resistant too? This is like a blessing to us; as we mentioned before, our pup loves to chew – anything and everything!
- The bed has a non-slip base – so no more sliding around your home.
- There’s a washable and waterproof cover underneath the surface. This prevents leakages from affecting the memory foam.
- Now, this is what we loved the most. The materials used to make the Bully Beds Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed are safe for your dog. Also, they are good for our environment. They didn’t use any heavy metals or harmful chemicals. All the materials are Certi-PUR-US certified. This means they are safe for your furry buddy.
- The Bully Beds Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed is seven inches thick. It offers full support to your dog’s joint, eliminating stress and pressure points. Our canine companion suffers from joint issues, and his bed has provided him relief to a certain extent.
- And last but not least, the Bully Beds Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed comes with a 20-year, no flat warranty! Bully Beds will replace it at no extra cost if the bed loses more than two inches of thickness or fails to retain its shape in twenty years of use! Now, isn’t that amazing? This shows how confident the brand is with its dog beds. We are impressed by this. There are many dog beds that don’t even come with a 5-year warranty!
Cons of Bully Beds Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed
- The price! Yes, this is the only downside of the bed – we think.
Is the Bully Beds Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed worth the hype?
We used to get a new bed for our doggo almost every month. But, after getting this bed, we haven’t bought any new mattresses. We can see how happy our dog is sleeping on this bed.
And not just us. If you search for this bed’s reviews on social media, you’ll see loads of positive reviews.
The bed is worth your money!
Features of Bully Beds Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed
If you still can’t make up your mind, here are some quick facts about the Bully Beds Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed.
- It can hold 300 pounds of weight with ease. It’ll not condense or sink.
- The bed is excellent for large dogs with hip problems, arthritis, or mobility issues caused by accident, age, or genetics.
- You can spot-clean the covers or wash them in the washing machine.
- The foam will not become stained. But, in rare cases, if it does, use a gentle enzymatic cleaner.
- With every bed, you’ll get a free waterproof cover (internal).
Still, confused whether you should invest so much in your dog’s bed?
Then the next section is just for you!
Why should you buy a good quality bed for your large dog?
Are you a proud owner of a large dog? Then you should definitely gift your dog a GOOD QUALITY bed.
#1. The beds are chew-resistant
There’s a huge difference between the power of a Mastiff and the power of a Chihuahua!
Almost all dogs like to scratch, chew, and dig. However, when dogs are of a large breed, they tend to do more damage than dogs of small breeds.
This is exactly where premium bed brands like Bully Beds come into the picture.
Their beds are made in such a way that they can prevent damage. For example, the Bully Beds Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed is chew-resistant.
#2. Great for providing joint support
When it comes to joint issues, the size of the dog matters a lot. Heavier dog means more pressure on their joints.
Larger dogs tend to have painful joint issues such as arthritis and canine hip dysplasia.
Dogs need full joint support when they sleep. And they sleep around 15 hours a day. So, if you make sure that your dog’s joints are getting complete support during their sleep, it can help prevent further joint issues.
If your dog already has joint issues, you can get the Bully Beds Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed for them. This will help in alleviating their pain.
#3. Your dog will sleep comfortably.
Dogs are like humans. And they need a good night’s sleep too.
Have you ever slept on a thin camping mattress? Well, if you have, you might know what we’re talking about – that stiff and achy feeling in the morning!
In the same way, if you give your dog some low-quality bed to sleep on, they will not have the best sleep.
#4. The beds last long
If you have a large dog, you already know how they can damage a new bed in a few weeks. As a result, you need to buy a new mattress for your dog every month.
The picture will be different if you have a good-quality bed for your dog. Well, those beds are indeed a bit pricey. But, it’s better to have a long-lasting premium quality bed than a short-lived poor quality bed, right?
The Bully Beds Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed lasts for 20 long years!
So, here’s a few more information about the brand Bully Beds!
The Customer Service of Bully Beds
Well, we have a good experience with Bully Beds customer service.
If you go to their website, you’ll find their phone number on every page.
For the sake of this review, we called them a few times just to check their customer service. The customer care executives talk with a friendly tone. The information that they provided about the Bully Beds Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed was useful.
We tried their email too. But the email service is a bit slow or less responsive. We got a reply from them after a few days.
The brand is active on social media as well. So, if you have any questions regarding their dog beds, you can ask them on social media platforms too.
Bully Beds – Frequently Asked Questions
Before making the final purchase of the Bully Beds Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed, have a look at the FAQs:
Ans:- In case you’re not satisfied with your purchase of Bully Beds Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed, you can opt for a return or replacement. If you choose to return it, you can do so within 30 days from the date of purchase. You’ll get a full refund.
Now, if the dog bed flattens within 20 years of its purchase, you can ask for a replacement. They’ll replace it without any extra cost.
Ans:- Bully Beds is headquartered in Southern Florida, USA.
All Bully Beds products come with a warranty of 20 long years. Within those 20 years, if your dog’s bed gets flattened by more than 2 inches, then they will replace it. So you don’t need to pay any extra money. The warranty, however, applies only to the original owner. You can’t transfer it.
The warranty will not cover if:
-There’s normal wear and tear to the waterproof cover, outer cover, or foam. This includes ripping, chewing, or any other damage.
-There’s any kind of outdoor damage.
-The foam has been shredded, torn, and stained by urine or other bodily fluids.
-The foam has come in contact with any bodily fluids and got flattened.
Not that you know all about the Bully Beds Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed, it’ll be easier for you to decide whether you want to buy or not.